Mt Manuggal, my first official camp-out

Mt Manuggal, my first official camp-out

In memory of the late President Ramon Magsaysay, mountaineers, locals and politicians flock to Mt Manunggal to celebrate his death anniversary. It was in these place 53 years ago that his plane crashed, last 17th of March.

It was also my first outdoor experience in the mountains. With the surrounding temperature of approximately 15c, it was really cold. There are times that smoke forms near the mouth once it is opened, and I was pretty much amazed by this. Just couldn't capture it with the camera. And since this is to commemorate the death of our late president and at the same time a fiesta in the barrio, the atmosphere was really festive.

But even with the banging sound from the band or music filing the air, I can still feel the peace and serenity of the place. I was able to find new friends and learn a lot of survival skills that I hope will be applied on my coming trips and climb.








Related Posts with Thumbnails
0 Responses