Another Trip Inside The Cave

Another Trip Inside The Cave

It was my 2nd time inside a cave and it was at Ka Mira Cave in Danao, Bohol. The cave is still young since the formations are small. It only has one way for both entrance and exit. The trek inside the cave is also short. But it still offers all the other things or view expected inside the cave.

It was a dry entry but along the way there are times that you'll be totally submerge in the water. Glittering rocks from crystal deposits are abundant in the area. I have seen two types of bats, one is the fruit bat and the other an insect bat, which was really small. There was also a blind crab, white in color that welcomed us in the way. The water was really cold, but refreshing. We didn't even notice how tired our feet where.

Just a reminder to those who are planing to experience caving, not to touch the developing rock formations since it is very sensitive to oil, that even the natural oil in our hands can stop the growth of these beautiful structures. And the golden rule for exploring a place: leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but picture still applies. I have made a commitment to help preserve these caves and this is my way of helping. Wouldn't it be a fulfillment on the time you've decided to explore a cave you'll see these structures turn into bigger grandeur formation..

But even if the stalactites and stalagmites are not grandeur and majestic in size, I was glad that my husband, who was with us during the trip, appreciated the magnificent beauty of the cave. I hope the natives will be able to protect it for the years to come.







Related Posts with Thumbnails
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog based on the same information you discuss and would really like
    to have you share some stories/information. I know my subscribers would enjoy your work.
    If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

    Also visit my web site - new cellulite treatment